Mini Satellite Attitude Control System powered by
HOW IT WORKS ?
Controlled by a patented magnetic field design, spherical motor is capable of spinning in X, Y, and Z axis. Moreover, bias-currents are applied on each phases of the motor, this enables us to combine 3-axis magnetorquers into this device as well.
Application: Attitude Control
Every satellite in orbit requires precise orientation control along X, Y, and Z axis. This is the so-called attitude control, which is essenstial for optical sensing satellites and broad-band communication satellites. To achieve so, we use tactical grade gyroscope and fine sun sensor as attitude determination sub-system; Spherical motor functioned as attitude actuator.
- Weight: less than 400g
- Size: 0.1U (Driving Circuit) + 60(Diameter) *40(Height) mm in hockey part (Spherical Motor)
- Max. angular momentum: 20 mNms / Max. Torque: 4 mNm
- Speed: 10~10,000 rpm with rotor unbalance less than ISO1940 G0.4
- Max. Power Consumption: 3 W
- Attitude Sensors: Tactical grade gyroscope + 6 Fine Sun Sensors
- Pointing Accuracy: 1 degree (1-sigma) / Slew Rate: 30 degree per second (3U CubeSat)
- Thermal Vacuum Test, Vibration Test, and radiation test following ESA QB50
- Providing angular momentum in X and Y axis simultaneously; Providing Z axis angular momentum independently
- Compatible to PC104 connector and various CubeSat architecture
Nowadays, space industry has faced two major obstacles, rocket and satellite costs. To tackle the second problem, satellite minimization is the key. Among all sub-systems, attitude control devices is the one last component that can’t shrink its size due to physical limitations. Thus, we develop this spherical motor technology in order to replace three motors by one. Within our unique design, this device can have 1/3 weight, size, and power consumption compared to traditional system. Finally, we believe we may enable space industry for a wider commercial applications by this invention!
Business Development & Hardware
Entrepreneur in Residence, Infinio Capital
Motor Control & Firmware
Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University
Finance & Software
Computer Science, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Mechanisms & Manufacture
MarineBiotechnology & Resources, National Sun Yat-sen University
Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng-Kung University
Mechanical Engineering PhD in University of Liverpool
Managing Partner in Infinio Capital
Founder & COO of Symbiosis creative